POVERTY


" We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty."
"People who are homeless are not social inadequates. They are people without homes."


This thought was brought to my attention this morning in conversation by a very judgemental person that I work with. I feel sorry for these children who are born into such a corrupt, unloving, hating world....with no say in the matter. They just get plunked into these situations and have to try to scramble their way out of them. Life or Death. I think the most important thing that I learned at convention this year was to look at the big picture. We are stuck in our own little lives, day to day. I need to look up and around me and be more in tune to the needs I walk by with my head down every day.


No comments:
Post a Comment